Sorcery – magic, often with a dark or terrible price.
Steam – early technology, often with mixed results
Combine the two, and you get one of my favorite sub-genres: early-industrial magic. I’ve played with it in my Vineart trilogy, where the process of winemaking is tied into spellmaking, and again in my Vineart novella, From Whence You Came, where a magician and a scientist chase after sea serpents, and sorcery does in fact demand a terrible price….
(c’mon, don’t we all love that?)
There are four books in the “basic” bundle:
- Sisters of the Wild Sage by Nicole Givens Kurtz
- Night of the Clockwork Dragon by Louisa Swann
- The Clockwork Fairy Kingdom by Leah Cutter
- Guilds & Glaives by S.C. Butler and Joshua Palmatier
And if you choose the bonus, you get another six:
- Twice Against the Dragon by Stefon Mears
- From Whence You Came by Laura Anne Gilman
- Killing the Angel of Death by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Fiction River Presents: Sorcery & Steam by Gwyneth Gibby
- Luck Be Ladies by Dean Wesley Smith
- Spells Gone Bad by Annie Reed
You decide how many you want, and how much you want to pay – and how much you want to go to support AbleGamers, our supported charity.
Sound interesting? You’ve got seven more days – and then the bundle’s gone forever!