No, the title isn’t a typo. It is my attempt to define the word: genre. No wait, I already wrote a blog about that, and I got some interesting responses.
Instead, I’m going to write about people in the world that I want to interview. Mostly, because I want to know why they do the things they do. I just want to understand.
My top ten interview questions are:
1. Why don’t you use your signal? Is it broken? Did you forget you had one? Was the bagel/phone/mascara brush in the hand opposite the signal arm, and you felt it was unsafe to take your free hand off the wheel? Please explain.
2. Why do you wear your pants around your rear? People still do this? Are you pleased to be filed in a drawer so-to-speak filled with a bunch of people who wear their pants around their rear?
3. Why do you wear your hair long? Is it because your pony tail looks so cute as you jog? Is it because of Kim Kardashian? Is it because you love wearing a bun? Tell me, have you ever considered a gamine cut? Why not?
4. Why do you remain in the left lane on the freeway when you’re not passing anyone? Did you know it’s called the passing lane for a reason?
5. Why did you buy the puffy coat with the really narrow baffles?
6. Why do you wear 3-inch heels? Is it because by now you can’t bend your ankles? Is it because you are trying to achieve a DYI method of foot binding? Please explain and tell me the reason why you don’t own any flats.
7. Why do you wear your baseball cap backwards? Are you afraid skin cancer will develop on the back of your neck? Is it because its easier for people to see that you are wearing Louis Vuitton sunglasses?
8. Why do you look at your cell phone while walking your kids/dog/demented mother-in-law? Is it because you hope your mother-in-law will wander into the street and be killed by a car? Is it because your dog doesn’t send amusing texts to you as you walk along? Is it because you are tired of all the screaming and to get those kids out of the house you have to miss the next installment of The Bachelor?
9. Why do you watch reality TV?
10. Why do you ride one of those rented scooters without a helmet? Did you leave it at home? Are you concerned that your long hair won’t blow appealingly in the wind? Please explain your rationale.
There are more. Many more. Perhaps you think I am entering the curmudgeon phase of my life. Well, you would be right.
What questions would you ask?