The Links

Steven Harper PiziksLinks I don’t click on:

 –Anything that uses the phrase “mind blown”
–Or “will blow your mind”
–Or “what happens next will . . . “
–Or “share when you find the . . . “
–Or “share when you solve the . . . “
–Or “90% of readers won’t share this” (Now we just need to work on the other 10%.)
–Or “This major event in space is happening any second! Click here to learn more about how fake it is!”
–Or “What’s your ____ (porn/superhero/goddess/herb/drug dealer/bigdamnedidiot) name chosen at random by our computer while we vacuum up your personal information?”
–Or “The evil candidate you’ve been supporting is evil because . . . evil! Click on this exaggerated headline to find out why!”
–Or “I can’t believe how cruel these awful, explicit animal photos are!”
–Or “news” brought to us by a blog site with an agenda. (If you can’t find a real news outlet, find a real hobby.)
Links I will click on:
–This news article (from a real news site) is interesting because…
–This photo is beautiful
–I like this video because…
–This was a very nice person who…
–We had a great time at …
–More of my opinion (supported by careful reasoning) at my blog…

–Steven Harper Piziks

DANNY on sale now at Book View Cafe.

Danny Large

Share

Comments

The Links — 4 Comments

  1. “Congratulations! You’ve won a . . .”
    “Congratulations! You’ve been personally selected to . . .”
    “Congratulations!”
    “See what they’re all talking about . . .”
    “Exclusive offer . . .”

  2. I have to admit that I am a sucker for funny cat videos. If the scum who hoover out your personal info start using cat vids, I’ll be a goner.

  3. Pingback: Pixel Scroll 6/1/16 This Scroll Will Self-Pixelate In Five Seconds | File 770