Welcome to the New Year at Book View Cafe! On New Year’s Day at BVC, no one saw you stagger into the swimming pool, nobody minds that you wore a hamburger on your head, and the hangovers consist of nothing but $%# and @&*, easily deleted. Stick with us–2012 is gonna be fabulous. We have several new projects, specials and deals for our members, and an upgrade to our web site in the works, so keep checking back.
And, of course, we need resolutions. Literary resolutions. For readers and writers alike. So here we go. Feel free to add to the list.
1. We will not argue about whether ebooks or print books are better. We will instead acknowledge that both types have their strengths, and enjoy each to their fullest.
2. We will snarf down even more books this year than we did last year. Yes, we will.
3. We will write at least a little bit every day on that novel until we have completed a first draft.
4. We will acknowledge that sometimes crap does fall from the heavens to suck away writing time, and we will therefore not beat ourselves up if we occasionally fail to live up to #3.
5. We will buy as many books from Book View Cafe authors as we can afford, especially the ones written by that brilliant and resourceful novelist Steven Harper, whose books The Doomsday Vault and Writing the Paranormal Novel received great critical acclaim and deserve lots of readers.
6. We will forgive Steven Harper for any and all lapses in personal judgement in the upcoming year. Especially for making unsolicited commercial announcements. And burning the occasional batch of cookies.
And . . . ?
–Steven Harper Piziks
The Silent Empire collection now available at Book View Cafe!
Full selection available at http://www.bookviewcafe.com/index.php/Steven-Piziks/Steven-Piziks-Novels/