Ongoing Conversations on Feminism and Older Characters

My comments on possible taboos against feminism on the SF Signal Mind Meld have generated an interesting ongoing debate on io9. I also notice that commenters on the Mind Meld raised the same issue of older characters I brought up in my post “Things I Didn’t Say on the SF Signal Mind Meld.”

If the subjects interest you, go forth and comment.

***********

Nancy Jane’s flash fiction for this week is “Passing.” Her collection Conscientious Inconsistencies is available from PS Publishing and her novella Changeling can be ordered from Aqueduct Press.

Share

Comments

Ongoing Conversations on Feminism and Older Characters — 4 Comments

1. *points at above*
    I’d say you need Akismet or Spam Karma installed… ah well, that’s always a danger with a personal blog

2. We’ve got Akismet, but it missed that one. Thanks for pointing it out. I’ve now zapped it. Before we installed Akismet, we were getting tons of spam. It’s not perfect — sometimes it flags something as spam that is legit (usually someone who’s providing a nice set of relevant links), and sometimes it lets in garbage like the one Estara saw that is no longer there. But dealing with an occasional comment is not any trouble, while deleting pounds of spam daily is enough to make you tear out your hair.

3. “(usually someone who’s providing a nice set of relevant links)”

Like my 2nd, 3rd and 4th answer to the Furuba post, heh.

Ah, I was wondering because while my very old WordPress school newspaper installation uses Spam Karma 2, it has information at the bottom of the page of how much spam it has eaten – I always thought all the spam plugins make t hat public.