New Book Alert
Search by author
Follow Us On The Web!
- Want Writing Advice From Ursula K. Le Guin? ... 6 hours ago
- Mr. Holmes: A Very Short Review ... 11 hours ago
- BVC Announces The Changespell Saga by Doranna Durgin ... 15 hours ago
- Navigating the Ocean of Story: Session 1, Part 3 ... 1 day ago
- Author Interview: Cynthia Felice ... 1 day ago
- Story Excerpt Sunday: From Harmony by C.F. Bentley ... 2 days ago
- How to Bike in Boston ... 2 days ago
- The Rambling Writer Revisits Tulum, Mexico ... 3 days ago
- Write Hacks 7: Train the Ear ... 4 days ago
- In the Pacific Northwest? Come Hear BVC Members Shannon Page & Mark Ferrari Read! ... 5 days ago
Book View Cafe on tumblrhttp://bookviewcafe.tumblr.com/
Search Print Titles @ Powell’s
Tag Archives: Ursula K. Le Guin
“This is another lesson I take from Ursula: Sometimes if you don’t fit in the world, the world has to change.” — Karen Joy Fowler Those words from Karen’s keynote speech at the 2016 Tiptree Symposium summed up my experience. … Continue reading
Pard Gets a New Catnip Mouse The Annals of Pard XXI by Ursula K. Le Guin Don’t worry, I can hold my catnip. I am perfectly steady on my feet.
The Election, Lao Tzu, a Cup of Water By Ursula K. Le Guin Americans have voted for a politics of fear, anger, and hatred, and those of us who oppose this politics are now trying to figure out how we … Continue reading
A thoughtful, truthful autobiography, translated from the Feline by Ursula K. Le Guin. Continue reading
On the occasion of Ursula K. Le Guin’s birthday, her colleagues at BVC wish her a very happy birthday, and many more!
News articles about BVC founding member Ursula K. Le Guin Continue reading
I’m sorry about not keeping up my blog posts, but everything got interrupted for me this summer when my congenital heart murmur (leaky valve) finally began to exact its toll. I spent a few days in hospital, have been home now for three weeks. Doing fine but not doing very much — and that looks to be the way it will be for a while… Continue reading
Library of America celebrates the publication of BVC founding member Ursula K. Le Guin‘s The Complete Orsinia with their story of the week: “Imaginary Countries.” More information and news about The Complete Orsinia at Ursula K. Le Guin’s website.
What is most exciting to me about this edition of EARTHSEA is THE PICTURES. Charles Vess is painting a wraparound cover and a full-color frontispiece for each of the six books (and, says he, “the title page will be in color, if I have anything to say about it.” To which I say Amen!) Then he’ll be drawing some fifty black-and-white vignettes for chapter heads, ten or a dozen full-page illustrations, and a bunch of smaller pictures throughout the book. Continue reading