New Book Alert
Search by author
Follow Us On The Web!
- Want Writing Advice From Ursula K. Le Guin? ... 6 hours ago
- Mr. Holmes: A Very Short Review ... 11 hours ago
- BVC Announces The Changespell Saga by Doranna Durgin ... 15 hours ago
- Navigating the Ocean of Story: Session 1, Part 3 ... 1 day ago
- Author Interview: Cynthia Felice ... 1 day ago
- Story Excerpt Sunday: From Harmony by C.F. Bentley ... 2 days ago
- How to Bike in Boston ... 2 days ago
- The Rambling Writer Revisits Tulum, Mexico ... 3 days ago
- Write Hacks 7: Train the Ear ... 4 days ago
- In the Pacific Northwest? Come Hear BVC Members Shannon Page & Mark Ferrari Read! ... 5 days ago
Book View Cafe on tumblrhttp://bookviewcafe.tumblr.com/
Search Print Titles @ Powell’s
Tag Archives: Katharine Eliska Kimbriel
Bimbo, verse Two: There’s black leather on the bimbo in my book.There’s black leather on the bimbo in my book, While I’m sure she’s lot’s of fun, My heroine’s a nun Who wears black leather on the cover of my … Continue reading
To celebrate having an honest-to-God bimbo on the cover of a book—one who was specifically designed to be there, I’m rerunning the Bimbo series from 2011, which takes a humorous and sometimes terrifying look at the things that end up … Continue reading
Writer Pari Noskin (who is also Pari Noskin Taichert) started out life as an imaginative child with a serious case of Stubborn. Add in hating school, and all this culminated with her skipping classes for two weeks in the fifth grade. Once her transgression was discovered she was shipped off to a private girl’s school as quickly as possible. In her case, the focused attention and small classes were just what she needed to nudge both writing and a fascination with communication into full flower. Continue reading
The first book is very, very heavily into cricket neep, which I find hard to follow since I’ve never been educated in the game. That doesn’t matter, because the rest of this alien world is as rigidly courteous as a Regency romance in some ways, and as lawless as a cowboy book in thers. The language, mores, practices, and passions are all strange and compelling. One of these days, someone who knows cricket will sit with me through a game and my education will be complete. Continue reading
This is all writer Laura Anne Gilman’s fault. After being tagged herself by Mindy Klasky in an ongoing blog hop, she generously spread the love. She tagged me to answer the following questions:
1) What am I working on?
2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?
3) Why do I write what I do?
4) How does your writing process work? Continue reading