New Book Alert
Blogs by Author
Follow Us On The Web!
- If Space Is the Final Frontier, Why Aren’t We There Yet? ... 1 day ago
- WWW Wednesday 12-04-2013 ... 1 day ago
- BVC Eats: Cheesy hash brown casserole ... 2 days ago
- The Paris Review interviews Ursula K. Le Guin ... 2 days ago
- Writing Craft: Blah blah blah, Who Needs Dialog? ... 2 days ago
- BVC Welcomes Jill Zeller ... 3 days ago
- BVC Announces BIJOU by Jill Zeller ... 3 days ago
- BVC Announces BATTLE READY by Julianne Lee ... 3 days ago
- BVC Announces the As You Wish series by Mindy Klasky ... 3 days ago
- Author Interview: Marion Zimmer Bradley Trust ... 4 days ago
- » The OutRamp Guide to Writing: Episode #10 - The OutRamp on IN THE BEGINNING
- » The OutRamp Writer’s Wroundup Newsletter #2: November 29 – December 1, 2013 - The OutRamp on Marion Zimmer Bradley on What Is A Short Story?
- Alix in MV on BVC Eats: Cheesy hash brown casserole
- Deborah J. Ross on Writing Craft: Blah blah blah, Who Needs Dialog?
- Sue Lange on If Space Is the Final Frontier, Why Aren’t We There Yet?
Search Print Titles @ Powell’s
Cafe Authors Area
Author Archives: Katharine Eliska Kimbriel
Patricia Burroughs—Pooks—began her writing career in romance with five published novels. including Scandalous and La Desperada. She received nominations and recognition from RT Reviews and was a Finalist for the Romance Writers of America’s Rita Award.
Then she got lured over to the dark side…screenwriting. Continue reading
• What are you currently reading?
I’m in NaNoWriMo mode, so I am plowing my way through first editing one manuscript and finishing another. But I find I need distraction after a writing day, and sometimes a book is the perfect distraction. I’ve been picking up a lot of comfort reads, books I’ve previously enjoyed, with the occasional new book. Continue reading
Writer Brenda W. Clough has stitched together an exotic quilt of a career and a life. She’s written classic fantasy, fantasy humor, fantasy for children, science fiction, steampunk, and even contemporary mystery. Clough has an unabashed enthusiasm for whimsy, black humor, and the wide universe of comic books. She’s been known to create original cover art, cook exotic meals for her family, and knit squids.
Writer Julianne Lee is a creative who discovered at a young age that daydreaming with a purpose equaled telling stories for fun. It was a while before she realized it might also be a great way to make a living. Continue reading
“Oh, you have to go to the cemetery and see the Vergon Gravestone.” Continue reading
Over at Book View Cafe, Cat Kimbriel Stalks the Wild Muse by explaining that Coffee is the Food of the Gods — but it must be the Right Coffee. Continue reading
BVC members have picked up this meme from shouldbereading.wordpress.com. This week, writer Cat Kimbriel talks about what she’s reading. To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions… 1) What are you currently reading? 2) What did you recently finish reading? 3) What do you think you’ll read next? Continue reading
If I were to sum up the works of Deborah J. Ross in one sentence, I would say that her stories are tales about the many forms of love, regret, and second chances. My only regret is that I missed … Continue reading
A review of the film “The Hobbit: Part One. Yes, part one — there’s Gold in Them Thar Hills, pilgrim!” Continue reading
Most of us who are fascinated by the written word have mentors, whether we realize it or not. There are people we admire greatly for who they are, and people we admire for what they have created. In my case, … Continue reading