New Book Alert
Search by author
Follow Us On The Web!
- Want Writing Advice From Ursula K. Le Guin? ... 6 hours ago
- Mr. Holmes: A Very Short Review ... 11 hours ago
- BVC Announces The Changespell Saga by Doranna Durgin ... 15 hours ago
- Navigating the Ocean of Story: Session 1, Part 3 ... 1 day ago
- Author Interview: Cynthia Felice ... 1 day ago
- Story Excerpt Sunday: From Harmony by C.F. Bentley ... 2 days ago
- How to Bike in Boston ... 2 days ago
- The Rambling Writer Revisits Tulum, Mexico ... 3 days ago
- Write Hacks 7: Train the Ear ... 4 days ago
- In the Pacific Northwest? Come Hear BVC Members Shannon Page & Mark Ferrari Read! ... 5 days ago
Book View Cafe on tumblrhttp://bookviewcafe.tumblr.com/
Search Print Titles @ Powell’s
Daily Archives: March 14, 2017
Last week in doing some cleaning up, I came on a pile of writing exercises from the several years I was in my first West Coast writing group. Each meeting a member would bring in a different exercise that we … Continue reading
Brighid Darrow, Countess of Carstairs, has endured years of a loveless marriage in order to aid her friends and the people of Northridge. Yet once she is widowed, the village shuns her with accusations of witchcraft–vilifying her unique gift of reading auras. Released from past restraints, Bridey rebelliously embraces her dream of establishing a forbidden school for midwives.
Having spent his life being all that is proper in hopes of earning a title in return for services to the crown, Aaron Pascoe-Ives, illegitimate son of a marquess, is ordered to Northridge to save the royal mines from rioters. Any hope of aid from the beautiful but aloof countess is dashed when his incorrigible twins endanger their young lives by following him, mystifyingly insisting that Countess of Carstairs is their new mother.
Bridey and Pascoe face ghosts, assassins, and riots–but nothing as perilous as the irresistible attraction between them. With hard-fought goals at risk, they must make the ultimate choice between achieving dreams–or losing each other. Continue reading