New Book Alert
Search by author
Follow Us On The Web!
- Want Writing Advice From Ursula K. Le Guin? ... 6 hours ago
- Mr. Holmes: A Very Short Review ... 11 hours ago
- BVC Announces The Changespell Saga by Doranna Durgin ... 15 hours ago
- Navigating the Ocean of Story: Session 1, Part 3 ... 1 day ago
- Author Interview: Cynthia Felice ... 1 day ago
- Story Excerpt Sunday: From Harmony by C.F. Bentley ... 2 days ago
- How to Bike in Boston ... 2 days ago
- The Rambling Writer Revisits Tulum, Mexico ... 3 days ago
- Write Hacks 7: Train the Ear ... 4 days ago
- In the Pacific Northwest? Come Hear BVC Members Shannon Page & Mark Ferrari Read! ... 5 days ago
Book View Cafe on tumblrhttp://bookviewcafe.tumblr.com/
Search Print Titles @ Powell’s
Daily Archives: February 7, 2017
I have long understood the dangers and seductions of overwork. I’ve frequently coped with stress by balancing my checkbook or going over budget figures. Or reading and replying to every single email in my Inbox. It needn’t be intellectual work: … Continue reading
After three soul-destroying years of teaching unenthusiastic middle-schoolers, Theodora Fairchild is thrilled to be a student again, pursuing her doctorate in Latin. She’s sure John Winthrop University will be the intellectual home she’s always longed for, the place where she’ll finally fit in. But her teaching days aren’t quite over: Theo starts giving “humanities” lessons to sweetly nerdy post-doc Grant Proctor–and loses her heart.
But nobody in the Classics Department is quite who they seem… not even Grant. Theo’s arrival rekindles an ancient rivalry between two powerful enemies, and Theo herself is the prize. After she unwittingly betrays Grant to his oldest foe, she’s determined to rescue him–and herself–before it’s too late.
Because even gods can die–or wish they were dead. Continue reading