Report from the set of THE MOON AND THE SUN

The Moon and the Sun by Vonda N. McIntyreKeely Brosnan has posted her photos from the set of The Moon and the Sun at Pierce Brosnan’s Instagram page. The movie is filming in Melbourne, Australia, and at Versailles, France, at the chateau de Versailles.

This entry was posted in News, Series and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Report from the set of THE MOON AND THE SUN

1. Foxessa says:

Woo!

They say it’s a privilege to be inside such a beautiful world, which it is. Amazing, what an experience. Yet — I for one can’t help but think how much better it is to be costume dramaing within it than it was to actually live in it back in that period. For one thing, modern plumbing! It doesn’t reek like it did then!

Love, C.

2. Researching a book set in the 17th century makes one desperately grateful for 20th century medicine and dentistry, whatever flaws it might have.

It would be possible to write a historical novel so realistically gritty as to be essentially unreadable.

3. William R. Warren, Jr says:

Fantastic, Vonda! Congratulations! (This is the first I’d heard of it.)

4. Thanks, Bill. Has been in the works for a while. Pretty exciting.

5. Starshadow says:

Wow, Vonda, I didn’t even know it was happening! Conga rats–Brosnan looks amazing with long hair, too.

Now I can hardly wait!

6. I have tipped off the PTB running the 2015 Worldcon. They are palpitating with excitement. You will see movie stuff there, you betcha.

7. Pingback: McIntyre Novel Shot at Versailles | File 770

8. Amy Wolf says:

WOW!!! Mazel tov, Vonda!!! And Brosnan is HOT!!!

9. Thanks, everybody. The movie is going to be beautiful.

10. Laurie Mann says:

I hope we’ll be able to have a panel or two about the making of this movie at Sasquan next year.

11. Mel Gilden says:

Vonda: Wow! And why should RR Martin be the only one to make big money on his books? I’m sure you’ll get to meet Pierce one of these days if you haven’t already. I’ve been a fan of his since Remington Steele. Congrats. We’ve all come a long way from Clarion.
    Mel

12. Ever since you started posting reports and links I’ve been dancing in my chair waiting to see this. It’s going to be amazing!