Book View Café
Book View Café is a cooperative publishing effort among authors across all genres, from science fiction to romance to historical to mainstream. Come on in, sit down, grab a cup of coffee and sample our daily offerings.
New Book Alert
Blogs by Author
Follow Us On The Web!
- Author Interview: Judith Tarr ... 1 day ago
- Free Fiction Monday — Prophesy in Shadows ... 1 day ago
- Blocks and Breakage ... 1 day ago
- Monsters Under the Bed ... 1 day ago
- Consideration of Works “Past”: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind ... 2 days ago
- Story Inspiration Sunday ... 2 days ago
- Father’s Day ... 2 days ago
- Magic and Goosebumps ... 3 days ago
- Stalking the Wild Muse: Writer Rituals & Habits – Cities ... 3 days ago
- Carl Brandon Society ... 4 days ago
Search Print Titles @ Powell’s
Cafe Authors Area
Daily Archives: January 4, 2011
Okay, this is not a cooking blog, but I couldn’t resist. This is so good, it should not be limited to people who can’t eat wheat.
Nancy Jane Moore appears on Jeff VanderMeer’s Booklife blog today, opining on the relationship between the martial arts and writing in an interview with Jeremy L.C. Jones.
Why doesn’t genre fiction deal more with work? Not the triumphant whatever-the-protagonist-does-to-save-the-world work, but what the protagonist does to pay the rent. Too often work is set-dressing, a garment that the character puts on and takes off at will. And that … Continue reading