Book View Café
Book View Café is a cooperative publishing effort among authors across all genres, from science fiction to romance to historical to mainstream. Come on in, sit down, grab a cup of coffee and sample our daily offerings.
New Book Alert
Blogs by Author
Follow Us On The Web!
- All Creatures Real and Otherwise: Cats Eat Homework? ... 1 day ago
- WWW Wednesday 6-19-2013 ... 1 day ago
- Community, connection, and solitude ... 2 days ago
- New ebook release: A SPRIG OF BLOSSOMED THORN by Patrice Greenwood ... 2 days ago
- Author Interview: Judith Tarr ... 3 days ago
- Free Fiction Monday — Prophesy in Shadows ... 3 days ago
- Blocks and Breakage ... 3 days ago
- Monsters Under the Bed ... 3 days ago
- Consideration of Works “Past”: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind ... 4 days ago
- Story Inspiration Sunday ... 4 days ago
Search Print Titles @ Powell’s
Cafe Authors Area
Daily Archives: March 7, 2010
When I was at the Clarion Writers’ Workshop, Joe Haldeman, one of my instructors, left us with a final piece of advice that, on the surface, didn’t seem like it pertained to writing at all. Volunteer. Get out of the … Continue reading
(Picture of Odontodactylus scyllarus, from here.) Popkes’ third rule: If under examination it appears simple, you probably haven’t examined it closely enough. Corollary to Popkes’ third rule: If under examination it appears that something is too complex to understand, you … Continue reading
Here and there you see earnest advice from people inside and outside the publishing industry who don’t read YA [young adult fiction], but they have firm ideas about what young adults “should” read, or what “values” YA novels “should” include.